Welcome to Edgewood Senior High School. We hope that you are able to not only enjoy the next four years of your life here, but that you are able to learn and prepare for the next phase of your life. Besides academics, Edgewood has many things to offer including: competitive athletic sports for boys and girls, service opportunities, a spring musical, student council, dances, and other extra-curricular activities. We recommend that every student becomes involved in activities outside the classroom, whether through the school or through outside organizations.
High school will be different than elementary school and even junior high.
- The first big difference is the way that classes are scheduled. Students will be taking classes on a traditional schedule. Each class will is 45 minutes long.
- There is an increase in personal responsibilty. Teachers will be assigning more homework and projects. It is up to the student to turn the assignments in on time and completed.
- The more days of school missed the more difficult it is for the student to catch up. This is not only for the amount of homework or test missed, but also for the material that is covered in the classroom.
- We have one counselor: Mrs. Wittreich. We want students to get the help that they need. The counselor is available to help with numerous situations (academics, behavioral, college planning, financial aid, etc.) and the legal responsibilities are listed on the main guidance webpage.
We do have a few similarities to junior high.
- Students are responsible for following the rules listed in the student handbook.
- Students will eat lunch when their teacher eats lunch. This information will be provided on the first day of class.