- EHS Counseling Department
- Meet the Department
- Important News
- Scheduling Information
- College and Career Center
- Financial Aid & Scholarships
- College Credit Plus Information
- Graduation Requirements
- Students and Parents
College Credit Plus Information
The College Credit Plus (CCP) Program gives students the opportunity to take college courses and earn both high school and college credit at the same time. Students who participate must meet college readiness benchmarks and any additional admissions requirements, if any, that the college may have. College level courses may be able to substitute for high school requirements, but all state and Buckeye Local District requirements must still be met in order to earn a high school diploma. Some students have been able to earn an Associates Degree before they graduate high school!
All students in grades 6 - 11 will be emailed information regarding the CCP Program prior to February 1st. This information will also be posted on the Braden Middle School and Edgewood High School google classrooms and websites. Information about the program can be found below. Counseling services are available by scheduling a meeting with the school counselor or by attending the annual information session. Students and parents are strongly encouraged to attend this informational session, hosted by the EHS School Counseling Department and Kent State University Ashtabula.
CCP Information Packet - Click here to learn more about the CCP Program! - must complete all forms and steps!
- A student has a cumulative GPA of lower than a 2.0 in college courses taken through the CCP program (this rule does not take into account the high school GPA, just college courses).
- A student withdraws from, or receives no credit for, two or more courses in the same term. (Withdrawing from a course occurs when the student dis-enrolls from a course after the census date and the secondary school is financially responsible for the tuition, fees and textbooks associated with the course.)